Performs technician-level workflow activities, supporting facility modifications, light fabrication and assembly, equipment installation, daily farming operations, laboratory equipment operation and maintenance, and assisting with experimental data collection.
1. Performs daily assigned tasks per the operating supervisor.
2. Reads diagrams, process sheets, and assembly and schematic drawings.
3. Assists in fabrication, assembly, and installation of basic experimental and commercial equipment.
4. Uses and maintains farm equipment. Cleans outdoor ponds, tanks, and sumps as needed.
5. Uses and maintains lab equipment. Such as UV-Vis spectrophotometers, gravimetric instruments, and elemental analyzers.
6. Helps conduct experiments and tests according to pre-arranged procedures; records relevant data.
7. Records information on appropriate production records, logs and other report forms. Provides inputs to reports as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· At least two years related work experience desired.
· Experience with common hand tools.
· Able to perform complex assignments with little or no direction.
· Willing to work in or near unusual environments such as pressurized air, high voltage, microwave energy, heat, cryogens, water ponds, high places, and heavy objects.
· Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field desired.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds at one time; multiple times throughout the workday.
· Must be able to work outdoors all day climbing ladders, walking, standing, and squatting.
· Must be able to sit and work at a computer
· Must be able to communicate via phone and email with co-workers.
· Must be able to work weekend shifts and extended hours as required.
· Must have ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
TO APPLY: please submit your resume to , the subject line must include which position you are applying for.
Global Algae Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer