Performs technician-level workflow activities, supporting facility modifications, light fabrication and assembly, equipment installation, daily farming operations, laboratory equipment operation and maintenance, and assisting with experimental data collection.
1. Performs daily assigned tasks per the operating supervisor
2. Wash glassware and prepare materials before and after autoclaving
3. Perform decontamination and disposal of laboratory waste
4. Prepare samples to support scientists & associate scientists
5. Uses and maintains lab equipment. Such as autoclave, dishwasher, UV-Vis spectrophotometers, gravimetric instruments, and elemental analyzers
6. Helps conduct experiments and tests according to pre-arranged procedures; records relevant data
7. Records information on appropriate production records, logs and other report forms. Provides inputs to reports as required
Qualifications and Skills:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· At least two years related work experience desired
· Experience with common lab equipment
· Able to perform complex assignments with little or no direction
· Willing to work in or near unusual environments such as pressurized air, high voltage, microwave energy, heat, cryogens, water ponds, high places, and heavy objects
· Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field desired
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds at one time; multiple times throughout the workday
· Must be able to work indoors all day walking, standing, and squatting
· Must be able to sit and work at a computer
· Must be able to communicate via phone and email with co-workers
· Must be able to work weekends
· Must be able to work extended hours as required
· Must have ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
TO APPLY: please submit your resume to , the subject line must include which position you are applying for.
Global Algae Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.