Performs associate scientist-level role in workflow activities, requires working in the laboratory, and outdoors in the field. Primary responsibility will be collection of samples and daily analytical support of laboratory and algae farm operations. Candidate must be willing to work extended hours and on the weekends when required.
1. Collecting field samples.
2. Organizing and conducting routine analyses independently and in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, and SOPs.
3. Maintaining study documentation and laboratory records.
4. Independently performing basic troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and software appropriate for assigned tasks.
5. Performing peer review and QC review of data.
6. Performing scheduled routine tasks on a daily basis and effectively completing multiple assignments.
7. Maintaining a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
8. Understanding data generated, and history of methods.
9. Recognizing deviations from normal results and informing supervisor of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and participating in corrective action of problems.
10. Identifying problems, determining appropriate actions, and implementing solutions with support or independently as appropriate.
11. Identifying critical steps in an assay.
12. May assist in optimizing and validating methods.
13. Performing other related duties as assigned.
14. Contributing to a cohesive team environment and planning individual workload in coordination with team members.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor of Science in biology or chemistry.
· At least three years of related work experience.
· Able to work weekend shifts, and extended hours.
· Must have strong communication, computer, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently on a self-initiated basis and as part of a team.
· Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds throughout the workday; multiple times a day.
· Must be able to work indoors in the lab all day walking, standing, and sitting at a computer.
· Computer literate with the knowledge of applications pertinent to position objectives.
· Must be able to communicate via phone and email with co-workers.
· Must be able to work weekend shifts and extended hours as required.
· Must have ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
· Must be able to think strategically and have the ability to use independent judgment.
TO APPLY: please submit your resume to , the subject line must include which position you are applying for.
Global Algae Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer